But, managing and maintaining your storage drive is important too. For example, harddisk, need to be defragmented too, to rearrange files inside the drive, to keep it's working well. You can read here about how to do harddisk defragmentation.
Now we get back to the Easy Duplicat Finder. It's really easy to use. Even you can install it to your USB flash drive. Firts of all, you have to download the software here, or for portable type here . Then install it to your caomputer or USB flash drive, and run it.
To find out duplicated file,
- Step 1, you have to choose which drive you will work at (at the left window).
- Then click Add (then you can see it in the right window)
- You can Add more than one drive
- The type of file that you are looking for must be filled at Search Files box. For example : *.JPG or *.doc or *.pdf. If you want to search for all type of file, just fill it with *.*
- You also able to determine the size of the file ( max. and min.)
- If all parameters have been filled, just click START and wait while the software are working. (step 2)
- Finally, the founded duplicated files will be shown at the bottom window.
- There are some options available for you at step 3, such as deselect, rename, moving even deleting those duplicated files.
- For the detail, please take a look at picture below..!
Just click at the picture to enlarge.