- Open your image in Photoshop
- Right-click at the menu-bar of the image, then select "Duplicate...". Click OK when prompted. This will create a second copy of the image.
- Change the new image to be grayscale. Go to Image -> Mode and select Grayscale. Click OK when prompted.
- Go to Image -> Mode again and select Bitmap.
- When prompted, make sure that you have "Halftone Screen..." selected in the Method field . Click OK.
- Adjust the field labeled Frequency. Please choose any number between 1 and 999 and then click OK. Keep doing this until the halftone pattern as big as the size you want it to be.
Optional: There is a drop-down list at the bottom of the window labeled Shape. You can experiment with these to find the style that suits your picture!
- Go to Image -> Mode and select Grayscale. When prompted, input 1 and click OK
- In the Layers window, double-click the "Background" layer and select OK. It should now read Layer 0.
- Using the Move Tool, drag the halftone image into the original window. You can now close the duplicate window.
- In the Layers window, open the first drop-down menu and select Overlay.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Create Halftone Effect In Adobe Photoshop 7
Follow the easy steps below to make an image have classic comic book flair..! You will be a professional in minutes.